Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Light in the Attic

You guys...I knew I was going to love the barn lights in the attic...I just didn't realize how much.

I ran home to let the dog out on my lunch break & snapped a few quick photos so I could drool over them at work this afternoon - on my allotted "rest" breaks of course!  :)  This was the first time I saw the lights in daylight as I worked until dark last night when my dad hung them, & left the house while it was still dark this morning.

Eek!

barn light

The shot on the left below is the most true to color - a perfect blue-green.

barn light

barn light

You probably noticed the gap between the top of the light & the ceiling.  The canopy that came with the light ended up being a tad smaller in diameter than the box in the ceiling.  Enter the object below.  Over lunch I dabbed on a quick coat of ceiling paint so we can put this in that in-between space tonight.  Problemo solved.


Can't you just picture white planks on the window wall below with board & batten trim underneath?  I can...& it is good.

barn light

For real - I feel like there should be little hearts floating around my head...so excited!  Isn't it amazing how the smallest of things can make you so happy?!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Looks great! Did you have to make adjustments to the extension rod that came with the light? And where did you find that plastic extender for covering up the box?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did buy a new extension rod...it was just a 6" (I think) chrome plated pipe in the plumbing section. The pipe and the ceiling plate were both found at Menards, but I'm sure any home improvement store would carry something similar.

      Delete
  2. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! Local Packers And Movers Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips