Monday, April 22, 2013

Mini Makeover: Yarn Wrapped Lamp Cord

Amidst some craziness this weekend (a BAT in the house - ew!), I had time for a satisfying, quick little project.  Shortly after Christmas, with some Target gift cards, I bought a cool little floor lamp for reading.  (Our living room lighting is horrible.)  I really love the light, but the cord drove me insane.  It wasn't horrible, but I really don't like seeing cords...ever.  Is that just me or are there others with cord hate out there?

Anywhoo...here's what she looked like before her makeover:


See what I mean?  It's not horrible, but not at all pretty to look at either.  :)

Enter heather gray yarn.  I just tucked the end under & wrapped the yarn around & around the cord until I reached the end.  Then I just tied it off a few times & called it good.


It's still a cord - but it's a pretty one now.

Simple things...

8 comments:

  1. I have this same light. I got annoyed with the light being so bright when I looked at it so I took some vellum paper and cut a circle to fit the inside of the little screws. Much better. I suppose I could've tried one of those chrome tipped light blubs too, but I like the shade on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. فني تركيب ستائر بالرياض
    عامل تركيب ستائر بالرياض
    شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
    محلات تركيب ستائر بالرياض
    تركيب ستائر ايكيا بالرياض لا يخلو منزل من الستائر المعلقة، كما أن هذه الستائر تعطي رونق للمنزل وتكمل شكل الديكور بالمنزل وتعتبر من الأغراض الثمينة جدا في المنزل والتي لا غني عنها لذا توفر شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض مجموعة كبيرة من العاملين القادرين علي التعامل مع كافة أنواع أقمشة الستائر الرقيقة، كما توفر شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض مجموعة من المعدات التي تستخدم في تعليق وتركيب الستائر بشكل محترف مما يعطي سلاسة في التعامل مع القطعة بعد الانتهاء من عملية التعليق
    كما توفر شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض مجموعة من الإكسسوارات المميزة جدا والتي تجعل من القطع أجزاء مميزة لا غنى عنها بأي شكل من الأشكال كما توفر الشركة كافة هذه الخدمات من خلال أفضل الأسعار المطروحة في الأسواق التي تنافس بها كافة الشركات المحيطة مع جودة في مستوى الخدمة وتحرص شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض على التواصل مع العملاء بشكل مستمر لمعرفة كل ما هو جديد
    https://lwmt4.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A8-%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%B1-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B6/

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips