Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A little Labor...goes a long way.

This Labor Day weekend I found a little bit of time to roll up my sleeves & finish a project I've been waiting for inspiration on for a little over a year.  Last summer I picked up this little booster chair at a garage sale for $5.  It was sturdy, unique, cheap, and kind of cute (in a country/vintage/well-worn way).  I have been debating for a year whether to paint it AND reupholster the seat cover, or leave the wood as-is and just re-do the seat.  My indecisiveness had to come to an end...soooo...I asked the three year old what I should do!  He said, "paint it orange".  We compromised, and ended up deciding on Rustoleum's Satin Lagoon...a dark teal color.  For the seat, I used a scrap of green and white fabric left over from a pillow I sewed for Grady's room.  Grady loves his new chair...I love it...Grandma loves it...Eli rolled his eyes at me.  You just can't impress some people.  Haha!



I especially LOVE how it looks sitting at the table in the dining room...a happy burst of blue!

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish I could take pictures as well as you..HELP me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! A new blog post... Can't wait to see you at the Junk Bonanza and hear all about your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness but I am a sucker for turquoise! I LOVE this!! Thank you so much for sharing this at the Fall Get Your DIY On Challenge: Blue Projects. We were so thrilled to have you and hope you will be back tomorrow to share you fall wreath with us!! It goes live at 4pm PST.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips